cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

units with formula node

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

I have a little problem with the formula node. I am trying to multiply h (Planck constant) by c (speed of light), already defined in Labview. But i can't link them to the entries of a formula node because of the units.

By the way, i have another problem which is that if I want to write 6.63E-34 for h, i have an error and i think that it comes from "E".

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,896 Views)

I didn't figure out how to deal with pre defined c and h constants but there is no problem with "E" anymore... 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author christophe69000

You can use the Convert Unit function to get a unitless number. You just need to enter the units of the constant in the Convert Unit function. For example, for Planck's constant:

By the way, what is it that you're doing that you believe you need to use a formula node as opposed to just coding it in LabVIEW? Just curious.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 07-01-2009 11:24 AM
Message 3 of 7
(3,870 Views)

I end up converting it to the units I want to use and then casting the units.

Conversion.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,857 Views)

Thank you smercurio!

To answer your question, i think that I could have coded my equations in LabVIEW without using a formula node, but in my opinion it would have been a bit heavy.

Tell me if i am doing wrong!

equation.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,840 Views)

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by a "bit heavy". The equivalen G-code would look like this:

Example_VI_BD.png

Don't know if that's heavier than a formula node. I can say one thing: If you're going to be performing the calculation a lot then the G-code will most likely be faster since you don't have the overhead of the formula node.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,825 Views)
Ok! Then I will have to change my formula nodes for G-code, because the faster it is performed the better!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,821 Views)