LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get LabVIEW to load

To whom it May Concern:  Yesterday, I discovered my LabVIEW system would not boot.  When I attempted to bring the program up, I first get the usual license panel, and the the next panel I get states that LABVIEW is unable to locate resources.  I have several versions of the software on the system that includes 8.2, 8.5, and 8.6.  Recently, we added Realtime to the software.  The platform we are running on is XP level 3.  I attempted to run the software back a week when things were working, but this did not help.  The symptoms are the same.  I might also add, that as far as I can determine, the other software such as Office and the internet are working fine.  What ever happened affected only LabView and the adjunct Automation and Measurement module.

Please advise me on how I should proceed from here.  My first thought was to reload the software.  If that is indicated, should I remove the existing software via the add/remove function prior to loading, or can I simple overwrite the software?  Additionally, should I reload the software beginning at version 8.2 and all of the subsequent versions, or can I simply load 8.6 and RealTime?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Davis Carpenter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,287 Views)

DFC wrote:

To whom it May Concern

Wow so dramatic, sorry that just seemed an odd way to start a message.  I would first recommend trying to perform a system restore.  This hardly ever fixes any thing, but it is the easiest thing to try.  Go the start menu >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore.  Then choose the date that is before the system started acting weird.

If that doesn't help yeah try a repair install of LabVIEW on what ever versions are acting funny.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,278 Views)

Davis,

Best adviced to have a single version installed on a PC.

Easy to maintain projects & avoid mess ups.

Best option would be to uninstall and have a fresh reinstall (Solves most of probs)

Sundar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,267 Views)