From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable clean up selection

Yes it works perfectly, it is an internal problem for this VI.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(853 Views)

As you have quite many sequence structures in the code (which is NOT recommended btw), i find it possible that someone configured these as "Exclude from Diagram Cleanup".

Please check if this option was set.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(849 Views)

I checked also this option. Nothing is excluded from the clean up.

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(841 Views)

What happens if you copy the whole block diagram into a new VI?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(839 Views)

I tried that as well, but nothing is pasted in the new VI.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(830 Views)

If you press Ctrl+a in the original VI, what does the selection show?

Somehow i got the feeling you got fooled by a screenshot of code in the block diagram....

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(828 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

Somehow i got the feeling you got fooled by a screenshot of code in the block diagram....

Norbert

I think the same...

@ziedhosni: Download the attached VI and check it out yourself, is your block diagram behaves like a 'Pseudo Code'...??

Actual and Pseudo Codes

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(817 Views)

I tried to copy paste the actual code in a new VI  and Then I used the clean up tool, I got this picture below,but when I tried to put the actual code in the VI where the clean up is disabled, I got the pseudo code which is the same as the actual code. Is this what you want me to do?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(807 Views)

here is the picture

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(806 Views)

@ziedhosni wrote:

I tried to copy paste the actual code in a new VI  and Then I used the clean up tool, I got this picture below,but when I tried to put the actual code in the VI where the clean up is disabled, I got the pseudo code which is the same as the actual code.

Is this what you want me to do?

My intention to share that code (Actual and Pseudo Codes.vi) was to illustrate what Norbert_B has suggested:

@Norbert_B wrote:

If you open the code I shared in previous reply and try to select and drag any node/wire in the Actual code and then do the same in the Pseudo code, you will find the difference in actual LabVIEW code and Pseudo code (picture/snapshot of the same).

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(772 Views)