From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triggered data aquisition

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello
i am trying to do a triggered data-acquisition using a trigger function as in my VI.. the trigger keeps jumping from T and F so i set the Reset as F so that once True the state remains the same and my data acquisition starts once
a. I Press the SAVE DATA button
            AND
b. There is a True- Trigger from the rotor.
But this creates only the file and doesn't continuously record data once the trigger has been set. i turned the Highlight execution and i notice that the Trigger O/P keeps changing in spite of me setting the RESET to False.
Could you please help me in this..

Hello
i am trying to do a triggered data-acquisition using a trigger function as in my VI.. the trigger keeps jumping from T and F so i set the Reset as F so that once True the state remains the same and my data acquisition starts once

a. I Press the SAVE DATA button            

AND

b. There is a True- Trigger from the rotor.

But this creates only the file and doesn't continuously record data once the trigger has been set. i turned the Highlight execution and i notice that the Trigger O/P keeps changing in spite of me setting the RESET to False.
Could you please help me in this..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,538 Views)

You should read the help for the reset control. It does not set the output to True and keep it there once a trigger is detected. You might want to think about a shift register.

And get rid of that local variable.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,533 Views)

hi...

yes i realised it just now. but can you help me in understanding as to how a Shift register wud work in this case ??? 

also by removing the local variable do u mean directly wiring the DAQ o/p to the Trigger detection VI ?? how wud that make a difference...

Shankar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,531 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shanky1023

Below is a basic method to latch your trigger. This has been discussed numerous times so I wll leave it up to you to find a method to reset the trigger.

There has been a long discussion lately about the proper and improper use of locals. Yours is really, reall bad style but I have no intention of repeating everything again. Just wire the output of the DAQ Assistant directly to your Convert From Dynamic Data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,510 Views)

thanks a lot..

I shall try this tomorrow and also read up more on the  latching triggers and get back.

Shankar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,505 Views)

Thanks David..

it seems to be working better now.. i am trying to read more on this and make the VI better...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,471 Views)