From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transposing 2D array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I have tried so many different things with this that i have got myself really confused,  what i am trying to do is transpose chucks on data see below for an data example.  i have tried to do this using for loops with indexing and by not using indexing.

the data is 

Test Name Min  Max Result
Test 1 1 5 3
Test 2 2 6 5
Test 3 3 7 4
Test 4 4 8 5
Test 1 1 5 3.5
Test 2 2 6 4
Test 3 3 7 5
Test 4 4 8 6
Test 1 1 5 2
Test 2 2 6 3
Test 3 3 7 5
Test 4 4 8 4.5

and i want it to be transposed like this,

Test Name Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Test 4
Min  1 2 3 4
Max 5 6 7 8
Result 3 5 4 5
Result 3.5 4 5 6
result 2 3 5 4.5

can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(4,907 Views)

Dave76 wrote:

can anyone point me in the right direction.

No.  Because you haven't given us any VI to look at to see where the problem is in your program.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(4,888 Views)

How about the transpose array vi?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(4,882 Views)

That's because i don't have a vi!

I am looking for a starting point.  i was hoping from the data i posted someone could suggest a way to do this.  i am not looking for someone to do this for me but shove me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(4,880 Views)

if i use transpose, that the data it transposes all of it i am looking to transpose chunks of it based on the test name

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(4,879 Views)

We have no idea of the data structure you are using to hold the data (though it seems "natural" to me that it would be a 2D array of dbls).  We have no idea if you realize there is a Transpose 2D Array function on the Array Palette.  We have no idea if you are trying to write a file (and is it a "Spreadsheet file", a Text file, an Excel WorkSheet, or something else), and have no idea if some of the rows/columns represent data or are measures derived from the data.

Attaching your VI attempt (do not attach a "picture" of the Block Diagram) would possibly give us some clues.  A better description of what you are trying to do would also help.

Bob "I don't understand the Question" Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(4,876 Views)

@Dave76 wrote:

That's because i don't have a vi!

I am looking for a starting point.  i was hoping from the data i posted someone could suggest a way to do this.  i am not looking for someone to do this for me but shove me in the right direction.

But you do have a starting point.  You have whatever you have done so far that is not working for you.  How can you have something working wrong if you don't have a VI?

We can't shove you in the right direction because without code, we don't know which is the wrong direction you are already heading.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(4,872 Views)

i understand your trying to help but you don't need to know the information your asking, the data i choose is arbitrary it can be anything its just the concept i am after trying to solve.  a post or 2 back i do mention transpose 2d array but this doesn't help me initially due to the way it works.  i didn't mention anything about writing to files that's irrelevant. 

what i was asking was based on the data i posted as an 2d array   

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(4,870 Views)

instead of telling me to post code that i don't have because i don't know where to start.  can i then ask how would you start to solve the problem i posted in the first post?

it is a 2d array lets say its a string what would i do the the first array to make it like the second? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(4,867 Views)

But you DO have code!

In your original message you said:

"I have tried so many different things with this that i have got myself really confused,  what i am trying to do is transpose chucks on data see below for an data example.  i have tried to do this using for loops with indexing and by not using indexing."

So you have tried something, where is that code?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(4,863 Views)