From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time interval in Labview Signal Express

Hi. I'm new to Signal Express and Labview 2010! We are acquiring voltage vs time data via DAQmx (NI 9215). Is there a way to change the time interval between data points? I think the current value is 1 ms. I have tried to look into recording options but so far I have not figured out a way to do this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,685 Views)

This is probably easy but most of us old-schoolers in the LabVIEW forum don't use Signal Express.  You might want to post your question over here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/SignalExpress/bd-p/380

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,679 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,676 Views)

I got curious and it is actually easy:

Add step, Acquire Sgnals, DAQmx Acquire, Analog input, Voltage (or whatever).

In Configuration tab set Acquisition Mode:

For 1 Sample (On Demand): set the sample period directly (it is software timed).

For Continuous or multisamples:  Samples to Read / Sample Period = Sample rate  (e.g. 100,000 / 10) = 100,000 samples collected over 10 seconds =        10KHz sample rate.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,670 Views)