LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time interval in Labview Signal Express

Hi. I'm new to Signal Express and Labview 2010! We are acquiring voltage vs time data via DAQmx (NI 9215). Is there a way to change the time interval between data points? I think the current value is 1 ms. I have tried to look into recording options but so far I have not figured out a way to do this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,644 Views)

This is probably easy but most of us old-schoolers in the LabVIEW forum don't use Signal Express.  You might want to post your question over here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/SignalExpress/bd-p/380

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,638 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,635 Views)

I got curious and it is actually easy:

Add step, Acquire Sgnals, DAQmx Acquire, Analog input, Voltage (or whatever).

In Configuration tab set Acquisition Mode:

For 1 Sample (On Demand): set the sample period directly (it is software timed).

For Continuous or multisamples:  Samples to Read / Sample Period = Sample rate  (e.g. 100,000 / 10) = 100,000 samples collected over 10 seconds =        10KHz sample rate.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,629 Views)