LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text file

Iam having a VI,which reads the data form sensor and stores it in a text file.but the problem is when ever I run the VI it is always overwriting on the same file.But what I want is when ever I run the VI,it should store the each and every text file separetly but not overwriting the previous file.pls tell me how can I do this.here iam attaching my VI.Iam using labview 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,617 Views)
Hi there,

If you really wish to have the data stores in different/ separate text files, make sure that you have different filename to the filepath.

You may, for instance, differ the filename by appending the system time to your filename.

i.e. DATA_191055.txt

Hope this gives you a clue to your problem.

PS: A similar example of file logging attached
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,613 Views)
Hi there,

If you really wish to have the data stores in different/ separate text files, make sure that you have different filename to the filepath.

You may, for instance, differ the filename by appending the system time to your filename.

i.e. DATA_191055.txt

Hope this gives you a clue to your problem.

PS: A similar example of file logging attached
Ian F
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,608 Views)
tahnk for the reply,but there is no file attached to the message.pls snd me the file
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,608 Views)
Sorry... I have reattached the VI

Cheers!
Ian F
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,605 Views)
What I have done is added the date to a filename to give it a new name. That is if you create a new file once every day. If not, you can also add the time to it also.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,593 Views)