From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Server will not work with my vi

I thought this should work but I must be missing something. I press the ok button to start and it waits for a second and does nothing. Here is my block diagram.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,878 Views)
Well, first you don't open the front panel. Do a write to FP.Open and wire a true to it. Then when you do run it, you immediately stop the VI and then close it. If what you want to do is run the VI until the stop2 button is clickied in the main VI, put the Set Control Value and FP Close inside a case statement inside the while loop. Or, put it ouside that inneer while loop but use dataflow from the while loop to the invoke nodes so that they're only executed when you terminate the loop.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,866 Views)
I was able to open the other vi but it will not close. I want to vi to exit etirely. Is this possible?
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,858 Views)
Here is the changed master vi
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,856 Views)
Before you close it, stop it. Like I mentioned before, put the Set Control Value with the stop in your case statemtn and run that before you close the panel. You should also be wiring up your error in/error out clusters. As it is now, if you were generating an error, you'd never know it. Looking at these signals are a big help in debugging why programs don't work the way you expect.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,847 Views)
I am still not able to get it to stop. When I push the stop button on the sub vi, not only does it stop, but it closes itself too. This happens because I have the Close FP Invoke Node in there but it still does not stop or close it by itself.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,839 Views)
I thinks it's time that you actually post the main vi and subVI. I'm getting a little confused. I'm not sure whether you want to stop the subVI from the main or not. I'm also confused about the statements that "not only does it stop, but it closes itself" and it "does not stop or close it by itself".

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 03-10-2005 04:10 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,833 Views)
I apologize for this getting a little confusing. The subvi that I am using is quite a large application so I am currently substituting it for a small vi I found on a forum.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,823 Views)
The thing that I missed in the pictures was that you had set a true in the Wait Until Done of the Run VI property. Because of this, the execution of the main VI would not proceed to the inner while loop until the subVI was stopped.
Message 9 of 10
(2,808 Views)
Thank you very much for helping my with this situation. It is greatly appreciated!
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,801 Views)