cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system exec not running copy command

Solved!
Go to solution

zou,

I tried using a batch file but I get the same error that the file doesn't exist if I run the batch file using system exec.vi. If I double click the batch file in windows explorer then the command executes successfully and the file gets copied to the destination folder.

mikereporter,

If I use labview path control and use the browse path to system32 folder then I don't see query.exe(the file that I want to copy) in the results.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,602 Views)

@LVCoder wrote:

zou,

I tried using a batch file but I get the same error that the file doesn't exist if I run the batch file using system exec.vi. If I double click the batch file in windows explorer then the command executes successfully and the file gets copied to the destination folder.

mikereporter,

If I use labview path control and use the browse path to system32 folder then I don't see query.exe(the file that I want to copy) in the results.

I wonder if this has anything to do with UAC?  I know LabVIEW has problems sometimes with UAC on at any level.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,591 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LVCoder

My guess would be that your Windows is 64 bit and your LV is 32 bit and you're getting redirected. See here for a similar recent discussion with more details - https://lavag.org/topic/19387-system-directory-hidden-from-labview-not-really-a-labview-problem/

Thanks tst! that exactly was the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,544 Views)

@tst wrote:

My guess would be that your Windows is 64 bit and your LV is 32 bit and you're getting redirected. See here for a similar recent discussion with more details - https://lavag.org/topic/19387-system-directory-hidden-from-labview-not-really-a-labview-problem/

Wow, I knew you could trip over this issue with the registry - I didn't realize it applied to the system32 directory, too!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,535 Views)