cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch executive in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I cannot find the switch executive functions in LabView.  I looked under both Function>Measurement I/O and Function>Instrument I/O with no luck.  I also tried opening the switch executive examples, but it says that "This example requires an add-on toolkit in order to run. The toolkit needed is not currently installed."

I am very sure that I have installed Switch Executive.  I can use it in MAX and I can also use it in TestStand.

LabView 8.6

Switch Executive 3.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,792 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bladhart

Try Sandra T advices.

post if still problem persists.

Message 2 of 9
(3,775 Views)
The problem lies in that I can't find the files nise.llb and niseCfg.llb anywhere on the computer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,755 Views)

In Sandra's post (linked by mathan) the next step was to repair the software.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 9
(3,745 Views)

OK.  I fixed it.

The problem was that Switch Executive wasn't properly installed, and the labview supports were missing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,737 Views)

Excellent!

Could you please mark mathan's post as the solution to help other when they run into this same situation?

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 9
(3,718 Views)

Hi, I'm having the same problem with Labview 2010 and Switch Executive 3.0. I tried reinstalling and have had no luck. It is registered.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,124 Views)

Hi Nickkkk,

This is a known issue with Switch Executive 3.0 and version of LabVIEW newer than 8.6. Here is a guide to getting the VIs to show up in LabVIEW 8.6 and newer (including 2010):

KB - 52JDQSHL Switch Executive 3.0 Does Not Install Support for LabVIEW 8.6 or Later

Steven K.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,095 Views)

Thanks, that worked the second time I did it. It helps to select "Modify", not "Repair"  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,091 Views)