From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step response

Hi,

I am tryiing to find a step response of a valve and am not sure where to start from. I need a square wave generator and need to acquire the flow data from the flow meter. But I have no idea how to put together in a vi. I need like a data storage, I guess so I can analyse. Can someone help? I am using labview 6i and 6024E card.

How can I continuously store flow data and time in msec?.

Thanks,

SAL

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,574 Views)
I would think any of the "prefab" Datalogging/charting vi's should get you started.   Are you intending for Labview to supply the square wave to drive your solenoid, or from a separate supply?  If you're using a separate supply, it should be a snap to just sample that like any other channel.  You can then compare the lag time of the air flow to the square wave.  I don't imagine you're doing very high repetition rates with the valve...perhaps on the order of seconds?

Eric
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,555 Views)

Hi,

I am using labview to generate a square wave. Is there any builtin datalogger vi which I can use to store my square wave and flow datas? I can then use those data to find the step response.  I am expecting the response to be in msec.

Thanks

SAL

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,543 Views)
There are several built in functions. Look at the File I/O palette at Write to Spreadsheet File and Write LabVIEW Measurement File. There's some functions on the Waveform>Waveform File I/O palette. There are others as well. You just have to open the example finder to see how some of them are used.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,537 Views)