LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortcut settings bug in installer setup?

I have the same problem as Yamaeda in LV14 SP1.

I also want a shortcut for exe1 and exe2 in the program menu under a subdirectory and a shortcut for exe1 in all user's desktop (no subdirectory).

sometimes if I type the subdirectory for shortcut exe1 it changes the subdirectory of exe2 but not of exe1. Thereafter I cannot make any lasting changes.

I found this "workaround":

• make any changes to ONLY ONE shortcut and then click in another tab (e.g.'source files')
  • then go back to the shortcuts tab and make changes to the next shortcut.

this prevented that another shortcut (than that I wanted to) was changed.

I beliefe once the first strange behaviour happened the installer is screwed up and you cannot make any lasting changes anymore.

I would be nice though if NI would fix this issue in one of the future releases or maybe shed some light on why this happens.

Working with LV2011, LV2018 and LV2020
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(504 Views)

Raeff,

I've reproduced the behavior being seen in this thread, I believe what is happening is when you add a new shortcut, if at any time all the fields are the same between the shortcuts (same name, directory, subdirectory) there will be a conflict and things will get confused. A simple solution I've found to this is to just make sure the directories and shortcut names are never the same thing at the same time. This is odd behavior though and I'm going to formalize a procedure to reproduce it and see if anything needs to be done about it.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
Message 12 of 14
(473 Views)

Also, I should mention that you will probably get more attention if you create a new thread for this topic.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(470 Views)

Hi yea likethecity

Thank you for your answer and that you are checking if something needs to be done there.

I didn't want to attract  a lot of attention, just giving a workaround for people which are explicitly searching for this same problem.

Best wishes from Switzerland to Austin - it really is a lovely city 😉

Raeff

Working with LV2011, LV2018 and LV2020
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(436 Views)