LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shifting array's index down

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to get my array to shift its index down so that everytime i submit an employee it will be added to a different index such as a[0] is submitted and than when i go to add another employee it will shift to a[1].

here is my code 

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,429 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harold_Timmis
It's really simple if you understand one of the basic functions in LabVIEW - the shift register. With this and a Build Array, there is not much to the code. Here's an example. I also used an event structure. You would need to modify it so that when the submit is clicked, the values in the cluster are cleared.
Message 2 of 22
(3,417 Views)
I dont want values to be cleared I want to add employees to the list an update list so when i add an employee does not replace an employee already in the system.
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,391 Views)
That is exactly what the provided example will do for you.  Have you tried it yet?
Message 4 of 22
(3,388 Views)
Please mark Dennis' message as the solution to your answer.  You marked your own message where you doubted his correct solution.  You will need to use the Options menu to the upper right of your message to unmark you reply as the solution.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(3,377 Views)

I can't open this file because i am using 8.2 right now

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,337 Views)
Sorry. Here's a version in 8.0.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,333 Views)

This worked great but when I submitted my product I would lose the employee's I have entered and vise versa, so I modified it to where that wouldn't happen; here is the code I used:

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,319 Views)

thank you dennis for helping me out

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,318 Views)
for what ever reason the code I created worked for a while now it does not? it will not let me enter any new objects and when i try to enter in more objects my program freezes to where i have to abort the program I can't figure out why??
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,310 Views)