LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial activation number

The mysterious world of ini-keys 😉

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,647 Views)

Publically we don't provide a complete list of all ini-keys.

Many of these are confidential and can cause unexpected (and generally unwanted) behaviour.

However, (as with most things) google can provide you with alot of different not officially supported ini-keys that you can use add and change.

Also the LAVA-forum could be a useful source.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
Message 12 of 20
(1,639 Views)

Hi Thierry,

I don't get it when I have to use some 3rd party websites when I search information that could be easily provided by NI...

Nevertheless I made a new entry in the LabVIEW idea exchange!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,634 Views)

Thanks for quoting me 😉

About several of the (non-secret) ini-tokens you can find Knowledge Bases.

They are provided based on what someone wants to accomplish specifically.

So if someone is interested in removing the serial number from the splash screen he can find the apropriate information by searching with the right terms.

I think that the NI Idea Exchange will provide some interesting discussions and I'm looking forward to follow it.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,624 Views)

The LabVIEW Wiki has a pretty big list.  I'm not sure how complete it is though.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 15 of 20
(1,612 Views)

Hi crossrulez,

yes, I knew of that list.

After just checking it again quickly I only saw keys marked for LV8.5 or older. The key discussed in this thread wasn't found either...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,608 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Thierry,

I don't get it when I have to use some 3rd party websites when I search information that could be easily provided by NI...

Nevertheless I made a new entry in the LabVIEW idea exchange!

Well, the document ThiCorp pointed too was on the NI website, so there is really no requirement for google to find it. One has of course to search for it anyhow, but that is the nature of software nowadays, isn't it.

@GerdW wrote:

Hi crossrulez,

yes, I knew of that list.

After just checking it again quickly I only saw keys marked for LV8.5 or older. The key discussed in this thread wasn't found either...

That's the nature of Wiki. It only works by user contribution. Appearently the INI key topic has been so uninteresting that nobody has bothered to add any new settings since LabVIEW 8.5. Smiley Very Happy

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,588 Views)

Hello rolfk,

The searching with the right terms was indeed referring the searching on the NI website.

The google search was referring to "lists" of ini-tokens.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,556 Views)

I CULD NOT ACTIVATE MULSISIM, I HAVE ALREADY A SERIAL NUMBER, IT WAS IN MY CIRCUITS BOOK, Y HAVE TRIED TO USE IT. HOWEVER I WAS NOT ABLE TO USE IT.

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

DOA I NEED TO PAY FOR A NEW SERIAL NUMBER?

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,232 Views)

@FRANCISSCO wrote:

I CULD NOT ACTIVATE MULSISIM, I HAVE ALREADY A SERIAL NUMBER, IT WAS IN MY CIRCUITS BOOK, Y HAVE TRIED TO USE IT. HOWEVER I WAS NOT ABLE TO USE IT.

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

DOA I NEED TO PAY FOR A NEW SERIAL NUMBER?

THANK YOU

First of all, have you forget your caps lock on, or do you also shout IRL when asking for info? 😉

I have no idea what "circuit book" you talk about. You could call an NI representative, they can help you for sure with any activation problems: http://www.ni.com/contact-us/en-gb

edit: and this is the LabVIEW forum board, not the Multisim 😄

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,225 Views)