LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving 1D array of double waveform

Hiii,

Mr. Bhatti, i got your problem.... , so i am requesting you to send a file in which you have store the data, from wrtie to spreadsheet file, so that i can modify the vi for the read, it is required to be formatted at the inouts which are coming at the string formation, so that it reads the perfect string which is stored in the data, please send me the file.

Thanks,

Nishant

Message 11 of 19
(1,392 Views)
Dear Nishant,
Do you want me to send the data using the write to spreadsheet file vi or the file write3_time.vi which you sent me? i am recording the waveforms using the file write3_time.vi  and sending the files.
I am sending the files in which I recorded the four waveforms. I can use the "convert from dynamic data" expressVI to convert the dynamic data in three types and then save the data. I am attaching three files also listing the 3 types in which the data was saved. The first file was saved as 1D array of scalars-automatic and so on, it is written on the file. Hope that this is what u wanted !
I tried to attach the file without any extension but they do not upload so I am making the extension as .txt

Thanks a lot once again.
Take care,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,366 Views)

Hiii,

Actually these stored data are not in perfrct method, so can you please send me ur vis, so that i can modify them to store? and please use the excel files to store the data (however it doesnt matter but still its a good practice rather than txt file), i will modify ur vi to store the data in perfect method and whenever you post vi or any other files please send it in the zip file, so that file size can be decreased cos i have the limitations to downaload the files. plese send me files with all the drivers included inside so that it shouldnt be the question of not opening vi, which delays ur project, cos i have suffer this ways in my project, which costs me more days for completing the project.

Thanks,

Nishant

Message 13 of 19
(1,355 Views)
Dear Nishant,
I am sending the vi's that I am using, but i am using a remote real time system, and data is being sent via shared variables, will these be gut for u? The details of my  system are: PXI-6259 M-series Multipurpose DAQ card, PXI-1031 chassis and PXI-8184 controller.

I did not understand about the driver part but I think I am sending everything, hope there is no problem in opening the file.
Thanx a lot.
Sincerely,
Munir Afzal Bhatti
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,346 Views)
Dear Nishant,
I am also sending two files that I recorded in Excel format. Maybe they help too.
Take care.
Sincerely,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,337 Views)

Hiii, Mr. Bhatti

Sorry to replying you late, but i was somewat busy in my work actually. I think the data coming into the file is not properly formatted while writing the data, and i am sorry to say but i dont have the LabVIEW 8th version, because i forcefully told you to send it, but you can do one thing, can save in 7.0 or 7.1 version, while doing save as, there is an option of "save with options" on the file menu, in that there is an option to save with the previous method, so there you can save this vi with 7.1 version or 7.0 version, so that you can send me that version which is cocmfortable for me to change, i will format that file for sure to write the correct data.

I habent analyse your data properly so that i can tell you, what is the basic problem in writing the data, but once i ll analyse i will mail you.

One another thing i like to say is, as in the last post you send me the data.xls.csv file, which is not a proper method to write, there should either be .xls extension or should be .csv extension. one is the excel file and another is comma seperated value file, and the comma seperated will be tab delimited file in which we will sotre the data, it will show as an .xls but htat is actually be the csv file.

Thanks,

Nishant

Message 16 of 19
(1,325 Views)
Hiii,

Mr. Bhatti what happened i am looking forward for your vi, if you have got the solution! tell me, because i will be the happy man! if you have find so!

Thanks,
Nishant
Message 17 of 19
(1,318 Views)
Dear Nishant,
Thank you very much for your co-operation. I am extremely sorry for the late reply. There has been a slight change in the program that I was making. I am now using the  1D array of 64-bit,~15 bit precision. I am now saving the file as a .dat and .bin. I can read these files with the read binary file.vi. I am unable to convert my VI's from 8.0 to 7.1 because the save for previous version seems to be disabled. I want to ask you the
following questions:
I am recording  4  analog  channels  on  the  .dat  or  .bin  fle.  Is  it possible to separate the four channels and see then separately on the oscilloscope. or create 4 separate files for each channel, after recording? Thanks once again for the nice tips in the previous mails.

Thank you very much.
Sincerely ,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,310 Views)

Hii, Mr. Bhatti

I dont know why you are saving the file in the .dat file, when in i tried to open that file with the option open with, the message was ,this kind of files are used by OS and it could be dangerous yo modufy, so i prefer you not to ie this kind of files.

Another thing is yes, you cna oprn four different files for writtening four different files, and for that you use same method for file writing by using four open, write and close express vis.

Thanks,

Nishant

Message 19 of 19
(1,304 Views)