LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure

Is it possible to use event structure with the next event occuring when labview receives input from a switch?

The flow I am trying to accomplish is in the attachment.

I was told at a beginner NI workshop (as I have just started using labview a few weeks ago) that I could use event structure to accomplish this as I needed different front panels to appear as each part flowed through and because I needed input/output to proceed from one event to the other. 

I've searched for examples of event structures with four cases with this type of flow, but have yet to find out. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,322 Views)
Your attached images don't appear for any of us, because they are still located on your HD. If you want to embed images in your post, you need to attach them individually first, then link to the attachment.

Your problem seems quite trivial and a very simple state machine should be able to hadle it easily. Check the shipping examples.

Still, please clarify what you mean by "new front panel appears".
  1. Should the old panel disappear?
  2. Should the new panel be in addition to the existing panel?
  3. Is the switch to be operated on the new or old front panel?

We need to have more information of your design specification, they are to ambiguous at the moment. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,305 Views)
You probably need to look into another aproach to make your proram. Take a look at:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3DE6756A4E034080020E74861&p_node=DZ52071&p_source=external
or anopther one:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/C54BADADD8BBDE4286256C5200533B80
Consumer will get your DAQ events to spawn different front panels in different states of your program, or even show different controls/indicators placed in several tabs of tab control.
I think playing with these producer-consumer and state machine patterns will bring you to good program.
Event structure more suitable to managing  front panel user interactions events and you'll add them if you'll need them to these patterns.
Sergey
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,294 Views)