From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reintializing default values

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using a snippet for reintialising the default values while pressing the run button.

But some of my charts are not intialising to its default values.Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,612 Views)

You also need to clear the chart history.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,583 Views)

So I Have to do it again during each time?

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,572 Views)

@nk wrote:

You have to do it each time you want the chart to be cleared.  In a build EXE it will start clear every time you start it.  It is only still appending because the graph never left LabVIEW's memory and it is told to append data to whatever is already in the graph.

A better way is to use the Graph not Chart and keep track of the history your self in a shift register, which will be cleared at the start of your program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,549 Views)

@nk wrote:

Don't be silly! We are learning to program so the code takes care of ""it". Program once and it will happen automatically forever. Right?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,529 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Don't be silly! We are learning to program so the code takes care of ""it". Program once and it will happen automatically forever. Right?

I'm sure you realize many people don't think of LabVIEW as a programming language, and think of it more as a tool that does the work for you, so you don't have to program.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author @nk

I don't know how people are thinking  about LabVIEW,

But I have found out a more simpler solution by changing the VI properties- execution page -clear indicators when called.Smiley Wink Anyway thanks for your time and consideration

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,504 Views)