LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load milti-page tiff with LV2012 64bit?

Hi all,

Is there anybody having experience openning miltipage TIFF files with Labview2012 64bit? It seems some people had ever used libtiff to do this in 32bit OS and LV. But how to do in 64bit LV2012?

Thank you!

Xsword

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,472 Views)

Hey Xsword,

I was wondering why you were using 64-bit LabVIEW? Normally we recommend that to users who need to address extremely single files. I would recommend using LabVIEW 32-bit and using the 32-bit library. Also, you can only call into 64-bit libraries with LabVIEW 64 bit. If you need to use LabVIEW 64-bit, you should check if there is a 64-bit version of libtiff that you can use. 

Best,

-KP

Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,430 Views)

Hi,KP,

In many scientific imaging applications we need to handle huge amount of image data, so we prefer to have large memory access by using 64bit OS and LV. Multipage tiff format is often used by some scientific cameras and we want to process these raw data by developing our own LV programs. It seems libtiff has a x64 version but I do not know how to compile it into dll for LV 64bit to call. Could you help to give me some guidence?

best,

Xsword

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,415 Views)

Xsword,

Exactly how large would the largest file be? I found here that LabVIEW 32-bit has access to 4 GB of memory without modification. If you need more than that, then I would suggest going with LabVIEW 64-bit. 

I am sorry, I am not familiar with the how you should compile libtiff. There should be some documentation on their website with instructions of how to compile along with the dependencies. 

Regards,

KP

Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,393 Views)

Thank you, KP.

In fact, many scientific imaging applications nowadays generate large image files. They are usually in 16bit and more than 1k by 1k pixel sizes. So go for 64bit is a definite trend.

In my application, I may store 1024frames 16bit 1kx1k images in one tiff file. So they can easily go large.

Xsword. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,371 Views)

Hi,

have you, please, solved this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,239 Views)

No. Any good solution?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,225 Views)

Unforunately not, but it is my second day of task;)

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,205 Views)

if you can get it done,i want to be your user!

come on.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,196 Views)

How is your progress, Dan?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,080 Views)