LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The New file dialog could not be displayed.

I was messing around with scripting a project.  I aborted the VI while a new project reference was still open.  Now when I select "menu → File → New ..., I get this:

paul_cardinale_0-1665591231890.png

Do I have to do a full repair of LV to fix this?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(982 Views)

Some questions for Inquiring Minds (if we want to try to reproduce this, we better use cloned VMs ...) --

• What Version of LabVIEW (edition and bitness)?
  • Can you be a bit more specific of the "steps leading to failure"?  A "reproducible failure" is easier to track down than a "random" one ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(939 Views)

It was version 19.0.1f3,  32-bit.

I was experimenting with some code that was to create a project.  The new project had been created, but not saved yet.

Of course reproducing the problem would require that I fix it first.

When it comes right down to it, I'm not 100% sure that this is when it broke.  It's possible that something broke it at an earlier time.

But regardless of what broke it, I still need to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(921 Views)

Nothing specific, but if memory serves, this should be launched using <LabVIEW>\resource\plugins\lv_new.vi

Maybe you modified something there?

@tst wrote:

Nothing specific, but if memory serves, this should be launched using <LabVIEW>\resource\plugins\lv_new.vi

Maybe you modified something there?

Thank you.  With that information, I was able to determine that "UDCLogEveryFeatureUsage.vi" was broken because somehow "niceiplib.lvlib" lost track of it.  A simple edit of the library fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(851 Views)