LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Properties Page" for pump, valve, etc

How would I create a 'Properties Page' for pumps, valves, etc.

We have a control system for one piece of equipment that when you click on a pump, or a valve, it pops up a page where you can alter settings like "Auto/Manual", "Component Protect On/Off", as well as view "Auto Demand", and even clear errors triggered on the item.  

I figure that maybe a subvi would work?  Using global variables to host the actual data?

What do you suggest?  I want the best way of handling this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,497 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,478 Views)

Looking at that now.  I am not sure how it would really help with what I am trying to do.

Let me try to describe a little more.

Say I have a boolean indicator that represents a pump.  Red is the pump is off, Green its on.  I would like to be able to click on the 'pump' and have  'properties' page show up, giving me more inidicators and controls that represent the pump more in depth.  Making changes in the properties page, would save the state (like setting a pump from Auto to Manual) and return to the main VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,457 Views)
You could still do it with XControls, though it sounds like you'd be better off in the long run by going with classes. You pump could be a class, and it would have properties and methods. Displaying a popup when you click on the pump control is trivial - just do a search on popups and you'll get hundreds of hits (and there are examples that ship with LabVIEW).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,449 Views)
Got a good tutorial link for classes?  I have never used them before (looking for one too, but always prefer to read a recommended one)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,438 Views)

Take a look at the example code I posted in this thread that demonstartes docking/undocking in LV.

Change my buttons to look like a valve, and modifiy the sub-VI to use your favorite Action Engine and you should be good to go.

Have fun,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,433 Views)
Thanks Ben.  I am looking at it, trying to figure out how to best implement it. 
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,413 Views)