Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick start

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi antonio,

@antonio121 wrote:

Instrument I/O–> VISA –> VISA Write.

I had placed visa interface, and it find instrument, but where are the write option placed?

That is not an "option", but a function. To find this function you need to switch to the block diagram and place the function in there. You already learned about where to find this function: IntrumentIO -> VISA -> VISAWrite…

You really should take all those "Trianing resources" as offered at the top of the LabVIEW board when you miss those basics!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(1,641 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

To find this function you need to switch to the block diagram and place the function in there. You already learned about where to find this function: IntrumentIO -> VISA -> VISAWrite…

i didn't find visa write on my screenshot, i find VISA RESOURCE .

tapped already anywhere/ just don't understand where VISA WRITE placed.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(1,626 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(1,621 Views)

Hi Antonio,

As GredW mentioned,

Xonmyth743_0-1626968719679.png

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(1,614 Views)

Hi Antonio,

@antonio121 wrote:

i find where it placed now

I said "in the block diagram", but you are still looking in the front panel…

Don't you think it's time for those Training resources to learn the LabVIEW basics?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(1,594 Views)

The gray striped screen is what is called a front panel, it's where you place your user interface (indicators and controls and such).

The white screen is a block diagram, that is where your code goes (that uses controls and indicators as input and output).

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(1,581 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Antonio,

I said "in the block diagram"…

Training resources to learn the LabVIEW basics?

I already find all thanx.  just acidentally was removed block diagram in my  first project.

And I find some manuals already, but may be the training resources You known are the better.

Would u like to place the link on it?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(1,576 Views)
Solution
Accepted by antonio121

Hi Antonio,

@antonio121 wrote:
And I find some manuals already, but may be the training resources You known are the better.

Would u like to place the link on it?

Just open the LabVIEW board and read from the top of the website…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(1,563 Views)

i had created diagram and when used write SCPI command <code>*IDN?</code>

it return instrument serial number.

When i send command

*RST

*CLS

meas:volt:DC? 0.1,0.01

*READ?

I HAD error message that time out expired or end of line not send, and even especially put \n didn't give me properly result - the message was same.

Advice me ,please, what is wrong?

by the way, the random values, generated in diagram, write into file, but without voltage values, but with instr.serial number, (while buffer it was reset by the *RSt command )  same, what i do wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(1,458 Views)

@antonio121 wrote:

I HAD error message that time out expired or end of line not send, and even especially put \n didn't give me properly result - the message was same.

First of all it is difficult to tell you what is wrong from pictures. Please provide your actual code. For instance, I am guessing that you did not set your string constant to '\' Codes Display prior to putting the \n, but that's only a guess without seeing your actual code.

Message 30 of 36
(1,441 Views)