Solved!
Go to solution

Hi antonio,

@antonio121 wrote:

that is fit better to my purpose, because the task I need is very simple,

@antonio121 wrote:

I need to solve the following task:

• I suppose to create the commutation board,
  • CONTROLLED by MCU to switch measurement tips between the few control points,
  • and the digital voltmeter with USB/TCPUCB interface, and it accept the SCPI commands language.
  • And I need to make measurements by the program on PC,
  • switch input between VOLTAGE and TEMPERATURE and
  • read the result and write down to the HDD.

All that is easily done using LabVIEW!

@antonio121 wrote:

there are less complicated products,

I don't consider LabVIEW a "complicated product"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(1,765 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi antonio,

@antonio121 wrote:

that is fit better to my purpose, because the task I need is very simple,

@antonio121 wrote:

I need to solve the following task:

• I suppose to create the commutation board,
  • CONTROLLED by MCU to switch measurement tips between the few control points,
  • and the digital voltmeter with USB/TCPUCB interface, and it accept the SCPI commands language.
  • And I need to make measurements by the program on PC,
  • switch input between VOLTAGE and TEMPERATURE and
  • read the result and write down to the HDD.

All that is easily done using LabVIEW!

@antonio121 wrote:

there are less complicated products,

I don't consider LabVIEW a "complicated product"…

I agree. I'm not sure what "less complicated products" that you're referring to, but LabVIEW is a great product for a task like this. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(1,750 Views)

@antonio121 wrote:

I mean, that NI had issued few products, not LabVIEW only, so maybe between them there exist something , that is fit better to my purpose, because the task I need is very simple, and there are less complicated products, which can same to solve such a simple task?

What's so complicated about it?  I can write a program to retrieve the data you want almost faster than you can type "printf".  Well, okay.  Faster than *I* can type "printf"  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(1,742 Views)

@billko wrote:

@antonio121 wrote:

I mean, that NI had issued few products, not LabVIEW only, so maybe between them there exist something , that is fit better to my purpose, because the task I need is very simple, and there are less complicated products, which can same to solve such a simple task?

What's so complicated about it?  I can write a program to retrieve the data you want almost faster than you can type "printf".  Well, okay.  Faster than *I* can type "printf"  😄

🤣

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 36
(1,737 Views)

@billko wrote:

I can write a program to retrieve the data you want almost faster than you can type "printf".   😄

Does it really so fast? I'm just afraid to start Labview, because it's do not looked, like C.
I would be much appreciate, if You agree to place your quick sample of graphic code here - may be i can use it as base later?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(1,729 Views)

There are plenty of examples provided by NI for things like these.

Open Labview-->Help-->Find Examples...-->Hardware Input and Output-->VISA

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 36
(1,720 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

Open Labview-->Help-->

Just i'm afraid, that cannot pick intime.

Because i had downloaded community edition, and it trial period 7 days only, while i had registered on NI site.

So, it's the reason because of i has asked to show me the sample .                                              

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(1,715 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

There are plenty of examples provided by NI for things like these.

Open Labview-->Help-->Find Examples...-->Hardware Input and Output-->VISA

yes, i had opened this sample, but it seems not for my case and it seems need to spend some time just to check the simple sample 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(1,701 Views)

I don't really know what you expected. If this is your first time using LabVIEW then of course you'll have to learn how to use it... same as any other programming language.

Examples are just what it says they are... examples. You need to modify them to fit your needs, very rarely can you just use them out of the box for your application.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(1,699 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

If this is your first time using LabVIEW then of course you'll have to learn how to use it... same as any other programming language.

I had some manual, how to do, but may be it used old version interface. I can't to add read/write operation, while in manual ssaid that it placed in menu

Instrument I/O–> VISA –> VISA Write.

I had placed visa interface, and it find instrument, but where are the write option placed?add Visa sourceadd Visa source

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(1,687 Views)