From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

property node of numeric

I have searched the LabVIEW forum for this issue, but no answer to my specific problem.

I have a numeric control, and I set the minimum, maximum, and increment values using property node.

Now, is it possible for the user not to be able to type in something illegal.

For example:
min = 0

increment = 4:

max = 72:

the user can still type in 3 in the control, and click okay. However, I will like a situation wherby, if he types in a 3, a 4 will automatically be shown.

In a nushell , no invalid inputs will be allowed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,323 Views)

the out of range action lets you select "coerce'.

I think that an event will return the out-of range value if you have an event configured for the control.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 7
(3,318 Views)

You also have to set the respond to out of limit property. 1 has it increment to nerest. You can search the help on other settings.

22941iFB22EAA2560E10DB

Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 7
(3,309 Views)

Can't you just set this by right click the control and go to properties and the data entry tab?

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 4 of 7
(3,301 Views)

@GovBob wrote:

Can't you just set this by right click the control and go to properties and the data entry tab?

Yes.

Tim
GHSP
Message 5 of 7
(3,297 Views)

22945i82F7947E4328066E

Edit: Smoked.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 6 of 7
(3,293 Views)