LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values for numerics in User Prompt

I am using Input User Prompts to ask users for various inputs for certain test equipment.  I would like to have a default value in the prompt, but can not figure out how to do that.  Anyone have any recommendations?  I can initialize the value that shows up on the front panel, but as soon as the Input User Prompt pops up, it shows zero (0).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,619 Views)

I too am working on something where I'm attempting to do the same thing.  I have the front panel numerical values coming up on the Front Panel with the values I have established are the most typical for a certain project, but then want to allow the user to change one or several of them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,598 Views)

You just have to right click on the Express VI and select "Open Front Panel". This will covert it to a normal VI. Set the controls to a value and make them defaults with the Edit menu option. Save the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,590 Views)

Do you use the EXpress VI variant? Then you must convert the Express VI to a standard VI by open the front panel. Then set the defualt vaues, and use Make current values default in toolbar->edit then save

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,589 Views)

Thanks Guys!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,566 Views)