LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmatic horizontal waveformchart legend

Hello,

As you can see in the picture, I itend to use a horizontal graphic legend.

I've added the plots as a simple 2d array (multiplot).

Whenever I start the VI labview seems to override my settings and reset the legend to vertical alignment.

I've tried several properties, but couldn't find the necessary.

waveformchart.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,759 Views)
Right click the waveform graph, select "Data operations" and then select "Make current value default". Check it out and post back your vi here if you still have trouble.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,758 Views)

your solution is working as long everything is static, but i change the number of plots during the run.

when the "number of rows" is set to 1, labview resets even the defaultvalue.

example:

initial situation

| PLOT 1 | PLOT 2 | PLOT 3 |

during run: dynamic set to 1

| PLOT 1 |

during run: dynamic set to 2

| PLOT 1 |

| PLOT 2 |

i'm pretty sure i set the wrong property with legend>numberofrows or have to set an additional one (transpose array?).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,751 Views)
As i already said post your vi here.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,742 Views)

waveform chart.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,725 Views)
You were asked to post your VI. Instead, you posted an image that is unreadable. An image (unless it is a snippet), even a readable one, cannot be debugged.
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-23-2010 06:48 AM
Message 6 of 11
(3,720 Views)

sorry, but the image should be a labview snippet (PNG with metainfo) and therefore useable.

i've to apologize if there went something wrong and add the VI just in case.

thx.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,714 Views)

ohmmega wrote:
[...]Whenever I start the VI labview seems to override my settings and reset the legend to vertical alignment.[...]

I cannot reproduce this using your VI using LV 2009f3. What version of LV are you using?

Please note that i deleted the case structure (including the connected property nodes) in the time out case which depends on the custom typedefinition.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,701 Views)

I do see the behavior with 2009. I did not delete the timeout case. I just disconnected from the type def. When stop is changed to 1 and then back to a greater number, the legend switches to vertical. Not sure if there is a property to set this.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,694 Views)

Dennis Knutson wrote:

[...]When stop is changed to 1 and then back to a greater number, the legend switches to vertical.[...]

That is doing the trick. Using this procedure, i can reproduce the issue as well. The issue is now reported in CAR #209689.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 10 of 11
(3,689 Views)