From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program searching for subvi and shared library

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear ,

I use PCI-6024E as my DAQ hardware board.

Thanks for all your assistance, greatly appreciated!

Duke Tang

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(378 Views)

Hi duke,

@duke840101 wrote:

I use PCI-6024E as my DAQ hardware board.

While that board is marked "obsolete" you still can use it with DAQmx

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(376 Views)

Dear ,

I deleted all subvi containing Ivdaq.dll. The program can control the stepper motor as I expected.

Now, I want to load Ivdaq.dll under a 32-bit system on a 64-bit computer (all Labview programs and subvi and .dll files are run in "Program Files (x86)" and registered in the "SysWOW64" directory file, Then delete them all in the "program files" and "system32" directory files), but Ivdaq.dll cannot be loaded again.

With error loading message "/Ivdaq.dll dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed".

Can you explain why?

Duke Tang

Reference:

1. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winprog64/running-32-bit-applications?redirectedfrom=...

2. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winprog64/process-interoperability

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by duke840101

You simply can’t do that. NI-DAQ and any hardware driver really, consists of two parts.

1) device drivers which run in the OS kernel and need to match the binary model of your OS, For a 64-bit OS they MUST be 64-bit too.

2) the user access interface in form of DLLs which must match the binary model of your calling application. NI-DAQ has no 64-bit support for both of those parts, so use of 32-bit LabVIEW doesn’t help at all.

You’ll have to bite the sour apple and replaceall NI-DAQ calls with DAQmx calls. Yes that’s work as the DAQmx API was considerably redesigned, but the good news is that DAQmx is considerably more consistent and easier to use than the older NI-DAQ API.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(333 Views)