cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program runs once correctly, then fails

Solved!
Go to solution

@markfranklin wrote:

How do I delete my VIs from this post, now that the problem is solved?

There are only very few reasons where posts or attachments should be deleted, and "problem solved" is not one of them. If all solved posts would be deleted, the forum would lose all its purpose and we would need to re-solve every problem repeatedly.

The value of the forum is that everybody can browse old discussions and learn from the mistakes of others.

Forums should not be run in an Orwellian manner, where the past is manipulated. That would distorts the reality and significantly hurt the usefulness...

Moderators should not edit posts unless there is a very good reason. They have better things to do. 😄

(That said, there are a few (very few!) reasons that justify such an action, for example if the attachments contains accidentally disclosed proprietary information or contains malicious code).

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,268 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Orwellian ...

Nice! I am going to start using that adjative.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,258 Views)

I understand the interest of NI wanting to keep everything.

However, in my "no direct deposit" world, I need to get things done, in minimum time, while protecting code that need not be in the public domain forever.

Sometimes that means I must share code to get quick resolution, many here pushed and pushed for my recent code.

Users like me need to have the freedom to quickly remove code as we see fit for our business reasons.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,249 Views)

Once something is on the intenet, it is irreversibly "out there". If the code is proprietary, you should contact NI directly, and not post in a public forum at all. Did you ask Laura do delete it?

Typically it is always possible to distill a proprietary VI into a small fragment that still shows the problem, but without disclosing the bulk of the code. That also makes our life easier. Many times, creating sich a VI leads directly to the solution and posting is not even necessary. 😄

Maybe I start a new website called "VI Leaks". 😄

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,232 Views)

Perhaps he not want to post his code for personal reasons.

Glad its possible to remove code snippets.

I usually don't post code snippets because I dont want everyone knowing how terrible my skills are 😉

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,221 Views)
... of course posting terrible code is one of the quickest ways to become a better programmer. 😄
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,214 Views)