From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with webcam capture

Dear all,
Using the Peter Parente's "webcam capture" library (Webcam Continuous Capture.vi), I faced some problems. In fact instead of showing for example one 320*240 picture it displayed some smaller pictures with some other parts of the picture indicator left blank(black).
What's the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,186 Views)
Hello Smal,
I did a search for this library and it looks like it was developed some time ago.  The FAQ on the download page seems to indicate that you need to make sure that your acquisition parameters in Windows and LabVIEW need to match in order for this to work properly.  There was also a data type change between Vision 6.1 and 7.0 so that could be related, but it sounds more likely it is something else.

If your camera is DirectShow compatible and you have Vision, you can try IMAQ for USB.  This, like Peter Parente's Library, is not actively being developed or supported by National Instruments Applications Engineers, but you may have some more luck, assuming you are using more recent versions of LabVIEW and Vision.

If there is a problem with a specific VI, please try to narrow down where the problem is occurring.  You may be able to post an image that might indicate how the library is failing.

I hope this helps!  Good luck with your application.
Regards,
Angela
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,164 Views)