LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring data on a PDA

Hi,

I have been trying to acquire data on my PDA but with no luck. I am using an ipaq h5550 with PPC 2003. The DAQ card I'm using is a 6024E. All I want to do is disply the data on a chart, however whenever I run the vi nothing appears on the chart. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dj
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,778 Views)
Hi Dj,
I'm not quite sure why the data isnt being displayed in the chart from what you say without some more information. Is the data available to the chart to display? Try displaying the data as you are logging it in an array or on a numeric indicator and see if you can see the data. Please let me know how you get on.
Chris M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,777 Views)
Hi Chris,

I've sorted out that problem, however I have another problem that you might be able to help me with. The data that I aquire on the PDA and save to a file on the PDA works, in that I can read the data when I open the file later. However when I send the same data to my laptop via a wireless link and save it to a file the data doesn't appear. The file appears but no data. I have a feeling its to do with the Read and Write to File Vi's.

Any help you could give on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again for your response

DJ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,777 Views)
Hi DJ,
This problem is more difficult to answer as I do not know exactly how your PDA is transfering the data, is it wireless networking, Bluetooth, Infrared and how is the file transferred? is via FTP. I dont think the problem will lie in the read & write vi's as you can save the data and view it later on the PDA so they are doing their job. The problem is in the transfer. Perhaps try a different method of transfering the file.
Sorry I cant be of more help on this one,
ChrisM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,778 Views)
hi .. can any one tell me what path must i specify when i use a labview PDA emulator version?? and what will be the same when i use the actual device???

regards
vishwanath

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,523 Views)
Hi, Vsh.

Can you give me a little more information on your problem? Where are you being prompted for a path? Is it in a VI you're running? If so, what VI is it?

Have a nice night!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
Message 6 of 8
(3,512 Views)

hi sarah...

thing is i,m using an emulator version.. i,m using a function which will give me the size of the memory.. also i want to use binary files.. so i wanned to the path when i use the emulator..

as i'm new to this PDA i don kno much about it. so needed help..  i 'l b using the same for real hardware too..

regards

vishwanath

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,503 Views)
Hi, Vishwanath.

In general, if you want to access a file in the PDA from a VI running on the PDA, you'll need to give the path relative to the PDA itself (and not on the development machine). If that doesn't answer you're question, can you tell me what VI you're trying to use?

Hope this helps! Have a nice evening.
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
Message 8 of 8
(3,489 Views)