LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing an image or picture on Labview PDA pocket PC

HI.. i'm using labview PDA pocket PC 2003 simulated version for my knowledge base.. I want to put a picture on my PDA screen but it appears as a enlarged one.. i tried the link -- KB 38EJRHFQ: How Do I Put a Picture or Image on My LabVIEW PDA for Palm Front Panel?   but it results out with nothing.. Is it because i'm using a simulated version?? will this be awrite if I use a real PDA hardware.. and to be noted my picture image is jez of 8kb ..

Please suggest me regarding this..

thanks and regards

vishwanath

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,286 Views)

Vishwanath,

What version of LabVIEW PDA are you using, what kind of PDA, and could you be a little more specific about the behavior you are seeing? For instance, how are you displaying this picture on your front panel: as an embedded image or through a picture control? Does the entire front panel appear "enlarged" or just the picture? Could you post some example code that demonstartes the behavior and/or screenshots of it?

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,258 Views)
Hi,
I had the same problem too, on the Windows-platform you can control the picture size within LabVIEW by the zoom-factor property node.
On the PDA this property is not available. The way I do it is to scale the image manually.

See the following thread to get information about the problems I got there and how to solve them:
Scale image on PDA (Pocket PC)

Perhaps this vi will help you: Resize 2D array without autoindexing.vi (the original version from tst didn´t work on the PDA)

Notice, that only pictures with proportions of 4:3 are read correctly by LV PDA 8.0.1f1

I can post some quick and dirty example code if you want when I´ve been back to work on Monday...

have a nice weekend,
Martin
Message 3 of 5
(3,250 Views)

@MHn wrote:
<snip>
Notice, that only pictures with proportions of 4:3 are read correctly by LV PDA 8.0.1f1
<snip>

LV PDA 8.0.1f1?  When did they release a fix for 8.0.1?  Where did you get it?  Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is news to me.

Thanks,
Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,244 Views)
Hello Bob,
see http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/B64FA23E7E5D5EBC8625715C005A126D for the update to LV PDA 8.0.1f1

hth,
Martin

Message 5 of 5
(3,237 Views)