LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with labview 8.0 option dialog box

I have got installed Labview 8.0 in my PC, after that i upgraded for Labview 8.0.1 & then to 8.2.
Now the problem is when i try to work in labview 8.0, the tools>>options is not working and when i try to open property of any functions or controls, these are also not opening.
In LV8.0 the Report Generation VI's are showing but they wont works fine. and in LV8.2 Report Generation VI's are not at all showing even though I've upgraded this toolkit in LV8.2.
In LV8.0 every VI's in Database Connectivity Toolkit are shown Broken.
Smiley Sad
Using LabVIEW 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,409 Views)

Just a curiosity question:

Is the LV8.2 the same package as the LV8.0? Was it an upgrade from the same subscription?

I've seen something like that where the same company had bought 2 different versions..  The Base & Professional..  To my surprise, I was missing lots of features when I borrowed my co-worker's CD's to upgrade from LV8.0 to LV8.2, only to discover they were not the same..  😄

RayR

Message 2 of 6
(2,397 Views)
Let us know if this helps.
Message 3 of 6
(2,393 Views)

The solutions is not working....    Smiley Sad

We have purchased LV8.0 including upragadation for 1 year. thats how we got upto LV8.2.

We were using LV8.0 as usual, but when any updates comes we obviously upgrade our current LV with that.

But problem came when we upgraded it from LV 8.0.1 to LV8.2

We were using only LV8.2 after we got it, but when we came to know that there is a problem in working with Report Generation Toolkit in LV8.2 we tried it in LV8.0

Then only we came to know that neither any options dialog is showing up in LV8.0 nor any property dialogs of any functions or any controls. And even if the library files for the toolkit is present in the corresponding folder it was also found to be not functioning.

Using LabVIEW 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,371 Views)

Have you tried re-installing the different toolkits? 

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,344 Views)
Hi,

When installing a new version of LabVIEW, it is necessary to reinstall all the toolkits and drivers after installing LV (Drivers such as: DAQmx or NI-RIO, depending on what hardware you'll be talking to)
This allows the newest LabVIEW to be recognized by the driver and toolkits.

Note, once you install the toolkits on the newest LV version, the other versions of LabVIEW won't have access to these toolkits. If you still want the toolkits to be availible for multiple versions of LV. Please follow this KB carefully.

If you are still experiencing problems. Please try repairing LabVIEW and any related software.

Hope this helps also
Van L
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,335 Views)