From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post question

Solved!
Go to solution
for a complete labview beginner, what is the best way to collect data from hardware connected by rs-422 serial port?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(4,873 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ssteel
To be continued here.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(4,859 Views)

My VI became very large. So I split the VI in half. I need to have the first VI running and the second VI not running. After the first VI is finished I need to start the second VI with the RUN controll. I am reffering the the white arrow pointed to the left.

Thanks

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(4,623 Views)

There's no need to resurrect an old thread.  Just post your question next time.

First off, the RUN arrow points to the right.  Smiley Wink

In order to minimize your block diagram you don't cut your code in half and then try to run it by cobbling it together with the OS.  You take segments of the code that perform a common function and make it into a subVI.  Then connect the subVIs.  You can take your two parts as two separate VIs, drop them BOTH in another VI (called MAIN.vi or something), and then use program flow to run them in sequence inside your new MAIN.vi.

If this is confusing to you, look into the LabVIEW 101 Tutorials to help understand the basics.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 4 of 22
(4,607 Views)

You are right. My training class touch on the subject very lightly. I have already spiit the VI into two VIS. I am going over my text book to creat subVI

Thanks

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(4,589 Views)

Attached with is ni lib,i want to see the block diagram of Read jpeg file.vi,but its password protected.please send me the vi without password,

i will be thankful to you.

Best Regard

Message 6 of 22
(4,495 Views)

I was able to fix the problem. I used VI analyzer. I ran the progam and found hidden items in the VI. This was data corruption. After I removed the objects the VI compiled.

Case is closed

Thanks

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(4,485 Views)

your answer did not help me to solve my problem,your answer was that you have "removed the objects".how can you removed objects without opening a vi.my question was how to see a block diagram of ni protected vi.

Acctualy my problem is that that i am reading 20 images per second at run time(real time) without reading them from hard drive.then i need image data of each image,the problem is that i did not found any function that returns me image data cluster at real time same as the Read jpeg file.vi returns.please help me to solve my problem.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,453 Views)

The reason we did not address your problem is that this is not your thread.  It is considered impolite to "hijack" someone else's thread to ask about your own problems.  Start a new thread with YOUR question as the topic and you will get more help.  In any case, NI decides what part of their intellectual property they release to the public so we can't help you open password protected software.  You'll have to contact an NI representative. 

Also, don't forget that there is a dedicated forum for NI Vision questions.  You should post your imaging questions there:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(4,431 Views)

sorry i am new to ni forum and diesnot know how to post my problem seperately or start new thread please help me how to post my problem seperately

thanx

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(4,410 Views)