LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug exe frozen

When I first learned of the exe remote debugging feature, I was very excited, and I thought It was very useful.  However, it will freeze a lot.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Maybe I put too many probe down?  Maybe I did retain wire values for all many VI?  What are the no no when doing remote exe debug?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,740 Views)

I have had some freezing issues when I connect. When you are done remote debugging, are you being sure to right click a front panel and choose disconnect from debug session (that might not be the exact menu option)? I know it sometimes causes problems if you don't disconnect then try to reconnect.

Message 2 of 5
(2,725 Views)

One time, the dialog which I use to connect and disconnect is not available at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,705 Views)

Could you provide some more information about your system? Doing so may allow me or other posters to help you find a resolution to your problem a little faster.

First, what version of LabVIEW are you using, and what operating system are you running it on?

Second, does this issue only occur for one executable in particular (or a select few), or does it occur any time you try to debug an executable regardless of the application itself?

I've linked some documents below with some general information about remotely debugging executables and distributing applications in general. Take a look at them and see if they answer any of your questions.

Remotely Debugging Executables in LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8DA679805915DE40862572D5007B2F70?OpenDocument

* I believe that in your last post you were wondering how to disconnect from a debug session without simply closing the VI. The instructions at the bottom of this document detail how to do so. If that was not what you were asking in the previous post, could you clarify what you meant?

Distributing Applications with the LabVIEW Application Builder.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3303/en

Let me know if you make any progress with these documents or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(2,641 Views)

I can't get onto the system for the issue anymore, so I can't do more investigation.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,625 Views)