LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LabVIEW 2013] NI Update Service recommends installing update for LabVIEW 2012 runtime engine

Solved!
Go to solution

The NI update service recommends installing the f5-patch for the runtime engine of LabVIEW 2012. However, I have LabVIEW 2013 running on that machine and never had LabVIEW 2012 installed.

Is this intended behavior and is it actually recommendable to install this update?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,577 Views)

I would install it

In theory this would only effect vi's that you saved for previous (2012).  You may never be bit by this (esspecially if you seldom share code with others) but think of it as having a spare tire on your car.  Sure you need to lug it around and you hope you don't need it but, when you need it, you need it now. 

I'll concurr with NI on this and recommend installing the f5 patch.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,571 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mest

Hi mest,

The complete patch details for the f5 patch are available in this knowledgebase article. As a general statement, we strongly encourage everyone to install patches when they become available through Update Service, especially if they are marked as Urgent (this one is not marked urgent). In this particular case, it is unlikely that you will be running into any of the issues fixed by the 2012 SP1 f5 patch since you are only running LabVIEW 2013.

The reason you are seeing the update in update service is that LabVIEW 2013 installs multiple older versions of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, so Update Service sees that you have the 2012 Run-Time Engine installed and prompts you to patch it.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments 

Message 3 of 3
(2,557 Views)