From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot number of circles read from excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi GerdW,

I cant not find some block as you suggested. I have formed part of program. If you complete rest then i will be grateful to you. I have attached my uncompleted vi file. I am using LabView 13 and windows 7.

Thanks & Regards

Supriyo

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,201 Views)

Hi supriya,

you just need to add a shift register to the loop. Then use a BuildArray (set to concat mode) and an additional CDB constant…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,191 Views)

Hi GerdW

I have added shift register. But you have added control (NaN+NaNi). What is this control? and How to add it?

Also you have added a constant (0+0i). How to add this complex constant?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,177 Views)

Hi supriya,

those are numeric constants - of datatype CDB (complex DBL).

You create them as usual by right-clicking the corresponding connector (like shift register input) or by right-clicking a wire of the samt datatype…

To know such basic tasks I recommend to go through all those free online courses offered by NI - and to read the first chapters of the LabVIEW help!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 14 of 22
(1,171 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I have completed circuit and there is no error. But circles are not appearing in output graph.I have attached both vi and excel file

Regards

Supriya

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,166 Views)

supriyasenapati wrote:

I have completed circuit and there is no error. But circles are not appearing in output graph.I have attached both vi and excel file

• You initialize the shift register with an array containing one element. Use an empty array instead!
  • You use an "expression node" instead of "convert unit". Why not do the ramp from 0..2pi and avoid the conversion entirely?
  • You should not autscale the graph axes, they both need to be the same lenght to get circles.
  • You could use a concatenating output tunnel instead of the initialized shift register (not shown).

Download All
Message 16 of 22
(1,158 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author supriyasenapati

Here's a slightly cleaned up version using a concatenating tunnel and some other simplifications.

Download All
Message 17 of 22
(1,152 Views)

Hi altenbach,

I cant understand the meaning of the constant (NaN + NaN i). When i removed this constant two small lines appeared into the graph.

Regards

Supriyo

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,114 Views)

Hi Supriyo,

so with this constant there are no lines, but after removing it there are? That exactly is the purpose!

Reason for this behaviour: NaN values are omitted from plotting, so you can "fake" individual plots with just one data array…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 19 of 22
(1,112 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Why unnecessary lines comes when there in no NaN valuses ? 

Regards

Supriyo Senapati

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,104 Views)