From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append data column wise into binary file

Hello folk,

I need to write 19200000 data into binary file. This data is stored into TDMS file. The file is of 32 channels with 600000 samples for each channel.  Now I need to write binary file with 32 columns and 600000 rows. 

Doing this with two dimension array lead me to memory full error. Hence I need to write each channel data as soon as I read without building an array. 

Please suggest me how to append this channel data into binary file. 

Your help will be truly appreciated. 

Thank you 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,504 Views)

Hi Jatin,

do you want to store the data in a TDMS file or in a binary file?

When it comes to problem in using 2D arrays then why don't you save your channels as 1D arrays?

Mind to show a VI to explain the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,500 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Jatin,

do you want to store the data in a TDMS file or in a binary file?

When it comes to problem in using 2D arrays then why don't you save your channels as 1D arrays?

Mind to show a VI to explain the problem?

I write data into TDMS file in my RT code. Now I need to convert this file into binaray file. My channels are saved in 1D array format. Since I have 32 channels and for better observation I want to convert .tdms file to binary file with every column having 600000 data. 

First I made a code with 2D array format. It works fine but for lesser samples. With raised requirement I need to go with 1D array. 

I have attached a code with 2D array format. 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,490 Views)

Hello GredW,

Thanks for your concern. 

Here is my upgraded code too with 1D array format. But it writes data into 1 column only. 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,481 Views)