cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak detection for a noisy signal offline

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear LabView experts...!

I am trying to find the peaks in my Signal offline . I like to find out the amplitude,location of the peaks and manipulate it. But the signal has noise and if i try to feed in this signal to a peak detector it gives false results as taking the small noise peaks . i like to get the large peaks (3 peaks in the given data ) .

Please help me out to detect these peaks.

When i used a peak detector.vi for a simulated noise less data its works fine. I am using LabVIEW 7.1.

Expecting your reply.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,753 Views)

Then you use any digital filter you must provide some information about the timing (sample frequency/interval). Else it will not give the correct output result.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,739 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I tried to use the digital filters in the express vi but it gives out an error that the cut off frequency shouls be less than Fs/2 . The sampling freq for my signal was 7hz.

Please give the program in LabVIEW 7.1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,732 Views)

Sorry I can not save for Labview 7.1.

Here is a picture

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,726 Views)
I attached the sample interval (in my case 0.1429sec) . But i cant see any difference in the output.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,720 Views)
Are you simply looking for the peaks? Does the time matter?
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,711 Views)
Why such a slow sample frequency? A technique that I have used is to sample with a higher rate than needed and then average x samples together. As an example. Use 140 Hz as sample rate and then average every down every 20 sample to one , and present the result as 7 Hz samples.
Message Edited by Coq Rouge on 04-13-2010 02:12 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,709 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bala1234

This will give you peak values without filtering. You could get the time with a little more coding.

forumpeak-1_BD.png

Tim
GHSP
Message 8 of 11
(3,707 Views)

ya ..i need the time also too....! As with that peak amplitude i will calculate 10 % of the peak and where it occurs (time).So need the location of the peak.

Thank you

Bala

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,704 Views)
I set the threshold to 8 and the width to 300. Got the peak values of 16.5178, 18.8016 and 23.8797.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,700 Views)