From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak detection for a noisy signal offline

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear LabView experts...!

I am trying to find the peaks in my Signal offline . I like to find out the amplitude,location of the peaks and manipulate it. But the signal has noise and if i try to feed in this signal to a peak detector it gives false results as taking the small noise peaks . i like to get the large peaks (3 peaks in the given data ) .

Please help me out to detect these peaks.

When i used a peak detector.vi for a simulated noise less data its works fine. I am using LabVIEW 7.1.

Expecting your reply.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,742 Views)

Then you use any digital filter you must provide some information about the timing (sample frequency/interval). Else it will not give the correct output result.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,728 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I tried to use the digital filters in the express vi but it gives out an error that the cut off frequency shouls be less than Fs/2 . The sampling freq for my signal was 7hz.

Please give the program in LabVIEW 7.1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,721 Views)

Sorry I can not save for Labview 7.1.

Here is a picture

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,715 Views)
I attached the sample interval (in my case 0.1429sec) . But i cant see any difference in the output.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,709 Views)
Are you simply looking for the peaks? Does the time matter?
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,700 Views)
Why such a slow sample frequency? A technique that I have used is to sample with a higher rate than needed and then average x samples together. As an example. Use 140 Hz as sample rate and then average every down every 20 sample to one , and present the result as 7 Hz samples.
Message Edited by Coq Rouge on 04-13-2010 02:12 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,698 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bala1234

This will give you peak values without filtering. You could get the time with a little more coding.

forumpeak-1_BD.png

Tim
GHSP
Message 8 of 11
(3,696 Views)

ya ..i need the time also too....! As with that peak amplitude i will calculate 10 % of the peak and where it occurs (time).So need the location of the peak.

Thank you

Bala

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,693 Views)
I set the threshold to 8 and the width to 300. Got the peak values of 16.5178, 18.8016 and 23.8797.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,689 Views)