From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel port switcher

Hi all,

I have attached a parallel port switcher that I downloaded but I keep getting the error "manager call not supported" as attached.

How can I run/ use the attached vi? I have Labview 7 and Labview 8.5 installed, in my Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,240 Views)

Hi all,

I've soldered 3 LEDs to pin 2, pin 6 and pin 9 and pin 25 to ground. I need to control the on off of the 3 pins through Labview. I've modified an example I found in Labview as attached but there are things that I don't understand:

1. Why is it when I clicked both LED 18 and 22 on Labview, all my 3 LED on breadboard (connectted to pin 2,6,9) turned on?

2. Why is the "register write value" in Labview consists of 32 LEDs? How can I change it to may be 8 or 3 LED?

3. If I change the "register write value" to constant, what value or number should I insert to on/ off my LED?

Please advice.

Kim

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,221 Views)
That subVI in your first message is fairly old and poorly written.  My installation of LV didn't even link to all of the subVI's.  I would recommend that you search the example finder for Parallel Port and use one of those examples as the basis of your code.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,215 Views)