LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening VI in edit mode gives 60% CPU usage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey thanks a LOT for solving this! It saved me a great time on re-doing the charts from scratch.

I fixex all the charts by painting the to recover the graphic and replacing the background by just a white background.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,015 Views)

You should mark Jack's response as the solution so it's know this question is resolved. Just click on the "Accept as Solution" button on his message.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,012 Views)

Just spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out why LV was sucking up 60% of my cpu time when nothing was going on. 

Anybody know if a CAR has been submitted for this bug yet?  

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(967 Views)

Hi,

I have built a program using  LabVIEW 2011 version . In my front panel Tab control there is 13 tab and different tab containing different type of control and indicator like numeric, array, graph, chart, table, gauges, led & radio button etc.. When editing my front panel without running , my labview program beccomes very slow and Its taking 12-15 sec to move any control or indicator from one place to other place on front panel. In task manager labVIEW showing 35% CPU usage during editing.

The whole User interface is created only i have to move the control and indicator from one tab to another tab as per client requirement and its taking too much time to  edit. 

Why my VI getting slow during edite mode?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(896 Views)

A little advice.  If you want someone to help you with your problem, don't resurrect a thread that's been SOLVED, AND is over a YEAR OLD.  The fact that it is already marked as "solved" will prompt most posters to overlook the thread if they haven't actively particiapted in it.  Furthermore, since your problem is NOT the same, the best thing to do would be to open another thread and reference this one like "I looked at this thread [insert this thread here] and it didn't help me."  It's the best way to avoid confusion.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 15 of 20
(880 Views)

Continued here.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(871 Views)

This bug is still present in LV 2012 SP1.  Thanks Jack, I'd been tearing my hair out over the same problem.

Message 17 of 20
(810 Views)

Hello guys,

I stumbled upon this thread and I was wondering if you're still looking for someone to create this CAR.
I just did a quick check and it seems that there isn't yet a CAR similar to this.

If you are interested, then a customer sample VI/project would be welcome.
Otherwise I'll just make it myself.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 18 of 20
(778 Views)

Here is a VI with a single control which exhibits this behaviour (LabVIEW 2012 on Windows 7).  When the Front Panel is shown, a single CPU is fully occupied, but not if the Front Panel is minimised.

Message 19 of 20
(751 Views)

Hello GregS,

There already seems to exist a CAR related to this performance issue:

I'm going to add this forum thread as another occurance of the same inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(736 Views)