LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie data stream - suggestions for manipulation (arrays, columns, tables, other?)

Hello,

I need some guidance ...

Application:
Datalogging a bunch of load cells, which will be exposed to temperature.
Meter: Agilent 34970a
Labview 8.0

I want to associate the serial number of the load cell to the agilents channel.
I have been using the Advanced Scan Example as a basis to learn from..

the data comes out as:   +6.99800000E-06,-3.64290300E-03,+7.02810000E+01, ....  (channels output in ascending order)
where in THIS case it is  Serial1, Serial2, Temperature

How do I massage the data so that I can get an output table to look like the following:
SN                  Ambient                      
Serial1    +6.99800000E-06
Serial2      -3.64290300E-03
Temp      +7.02810000E+01

I am looking for terminology, examples, and ideas for how to manipulate the data...
Is it possible to place outputs into a specific location in a chart or table?

Later on in the development process, I am planning on exposing the load cells to temperature so then I would want to add a column "HOT"
From this I will have to do some calculations and place the result in yet another column...
and eventually after the tests are performed I would want to print out this table of results (aka similar to the Text Report Example.vi)

or maybe there is a better way?

Thank you for your time and your comments
jqm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,068 Views)
The example you mention formats the output data as a 2D string array. I'm not sure how the data is displayed there and whether it is each row is a scan or whether each column is a scan. If it's one way and you need the other, all you have to do is insert a Transpose 2D Array function. A table is nothing more than a fancy 2D string array so if you want a table instead, you can simple wire the array to the table. The table will give you row and column headers simple by right clicking on the table and selecting Visible Items. Look on your array palette. There are numerous functions for inserting, removing, replacing array elements. Start the example finder, go to the search tab, and enter arrays or tables as the keyword. You'll find a lot examples.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,054 Views)