LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save/Load Error "Unknown Error" while converting VI to Template VI

Hi,
I am trying to convert LabVIEW 8.0 VI to Template VI. If I change the file extention (Windows) from *.vi to *.vit, then icon is changing but while loading the template from LabVIEW 8.0 it tells Save/Load Error "Unknown Error".  I tried mass compiling the VI's but no change. I tryed LabVIEW Save As options to save VI as Template VI.No Use. Then I created one Blank Template VI then copyed the contents from VI to Template VI. If I am reopening the Template again it tells the same error.

I assumed I can use all LabVIEW functions inside Template VI. (There is no difference between VI and Template VI). If this this assumption is wrong please let me know about the limitations in using Template VI's

Please let me know what procedure I should follow to convert VI to Template in LV 8.0

Thanks,
S.Venkatakrishna
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,175 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the NI discussion forums.  Everything you tried should work, and does with my copy of LabVIEW 8.  I created a VI, saved it as a .vi, renamed it to .vit, and even did “save as..” and changed the extension there to be a vit.  Have you tried these things with a different VI – say, just a VI with a while loop and a stop button?  Is this error accompanied by any other .cpp error messages?  We have seen situations like this where this error dialogue comes up, and it’s usually a result of some sort of VI corruption.  If possible you might want to post the VI here too, and I can see if I can convert it for you.  I’m happy to help, please let me know if anything here helps, or if you have any additional information on this problem.

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,164 Views)