From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQ with windows ce

Hello,

I'm developing a machine for a production line and I'm in the fase of choosing the OS to install.
I have some doubts about choosing Windows XP embedded or Windows CE (because of it's real time capabilities).
Does anyone has any experience with these OS? Does anyone know if the NI DAQ drivers will work in Windows CE?

Thanks in advance,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,639 Views)

The PDA module does support some NI DAQ hardware (I believe the PDA module includes DAQmx base), but I wouldn't go with CE just because of its RT capabilities - LV PDA is far from being on the level of the PC version and it very likely will not give you what you want - for example, I ran into a problem where the industrial PDA I wanted to use (which has CE.net, not PocketPC) does not like what LV uses for timing - apparently its power management causes it switch to a low CPU usage mode and the result was that everything would take much longer than it is supposed to. This could probably have been solved using EVC, but not in LV.

If XP embedded can run the desktop version of LV I would go with that.