LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my built front panel is offset, how do I make display always the same, no scroll, no offset?

I want my front panel to show controls/indicators in the same position within the front-panel window as when I saved it.  I don't want them off to one side with a scrollbar.

I don't have other controls/indicators in the field of view that would mandate the scrollbar or offset.

Why is it doing this?  How do I make it stop?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,289 Views)

First thing is go to VI Properties->Window Appearance->Customize, then uncheck Vertical Scrollbar, and Horizontal Scrollbar.

Sometimes LabVIEW likes to add scrollbars to windows that don't really need them, but the controls are considered 'too close' to the edge for LV, so it uses them. 

Also, make sure that you don't have an unused or forgotten control off to one side.

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
Message 2 of 7
(3,283 Views)

And use the Pane origin property to always have the origin of the front panel in the top left corner.

Pane Origin LV2013.png

Message 3 of 7
(3,267 Views)

I like to keep the FP large during development and initialize it to the correct size at run-time.  I use the OpenG Fit VI Window to Largest Decoration.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 7
(3,264 Views)

@J-M wrote:

And use the Pane origin property to always have the origin of the front panel in the top left corner.

Pane Origin LV2013.png

J-M,  How do I get to that?  Can you attach a vi?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,246 Views)

@EngrStudent wrote:

J-M,  How do I get to that?  Can you attach a vi?

It is a snippet, as mentioned, but to add it to any VI manually without having to drag a snippet over each time:

1. Add a property node to the block diagram (found in many places, easiest is from the Application Control palette)

2. Right-click the property node and scroll down to the "Link to...-->" menu option until the sub-menu pops out on the right.

3. If there's only one option there, it'll be "Pane".  Choose that.  If there's more, you need to select "Pane" and then "Pane" again from the sub-menu.

4. Click the "Property" text and change it to "Origin".

5. Right-click the node and select "Change To Write".  (If there's a "Change To Read" section, don't do anything).

6. Right-click the incoming "Origin" terminal and choose "Create --> Constant".

Message 7 of 7
(3,224 Views)