LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple selection in listbox without using ctrl key

Solved!
Go to solution

I recall that there is/was a Windows mouse setting that made it easier to operate with a trackpad by making certain mouse clicks a one-click affair, like dragging and dropping, and selecting multiple things.  That may be worth looking into, if only to standardize all your inputs.  (However, I don't know if LabVIEW controls would "subscribe" to that setting.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(1,225 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Another option I sometimes use is to keep e.g. a boolean array in a shift registers and whenever an entry is double-clicked I switch the symbol from blank to a checkmark or back ...

Here's a quick example for that. I even use strikeout font for unselected items. You can also play with bold/plain, or with the cell background color (be careful to sync with the selection color).

I guess there should be an event for "long-click" as often used on tablets. Is there an idea for that already?

ListBoxSelect.png

Message 22 of 23
(1,213 Views)

A while ago I wrote some code that would allow item selection in a listbox, MCLB, or Tree by checking boxes with a single mouse click, or right clicking for select none/all.  Here is the included example:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Listbox-Multicolumn-Listbox-and-Tree-Item-Selection/ta-...

large.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(1,200 Views)