From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse-scroll array indicators bug? (LAVA x-post)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I've noticed a behavior in LabVIEW that has me a bit puzzled, and I wanted to know what you guys think.

(See attachments)

I'm currently working in LabVIEW 2017.  As the image points out, I am able to use my mouse wheel to scroll control arrays.  However, whenever I mouse-wheel over an array indicator.... the indicator goes to index=0.  Is this intended behavior?

Since I like to be able to mouse-wheel on arrays in GUIs, I am finding myself creating control arrays... setting to a disabled state... and then updating the controls via property node so that I can effectively have an indicator that has mouse-wheel scrolling capability.

Thoughts?  (X-post from LAVA)
https://lavag.org/topic/20377-mouse-scroll-array-indicators-bug

Thanks!

2017-12-11_9-33-17.png

Message 1 of 7
(3,531 Views)

Seems to me a bug. The mouse wheel functions during edit mode, but not during runtime over the indicator...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,496 Views)

Should I submit a bug report to NI?  What's the normal process here?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,459 Views)

Normally someone from NI will see this post, verify the bug, and assign a CAR.  They don't have to do that but it sure makes filing bugs easier for the non-NI developers.  (which is why I recommended crossposting here) If this doesn't get the attention from NI that you'd like you can file an official bug report which I think is done through a service request.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brentjustice

I looked at your code and I agree that it is a bug with the scrolling system.

I submitted a CAR for the bug and your CAR number is 680417. On Readme documents for future versions you should be able to see if that issue has been addressed.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention!

Casey G.
Message 5 of 7
(3,435 Views)

Great!  Thanks Casey.  (And thanks for the direction Hooovahh)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,426 Views)

Hi,

I work with LV 19 and the bug still seems to be here...

Is there a workaround ? What about this CAR, when is it planned to be solved ?

Thanks,

Bilsix
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,589 Views)