From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modbus problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am trying to communicate with ADAM card 4024 (4 ch Analog output). I am using Modbus communication. Please check Image of error that i am getting.

Please explain me reason of the error.

Thank you in advance.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,348 Views)
You have no error after the Init (before your loop), as the check box in the upper left corner is a "green X". The error 6101 that you are getting is a timeout error from one of two locations in the MB WR vi, from one of its sub-vi's "MB Serial Receive.vi". There are two places that the 6101 error is generated, one where the program does a "Read the slave address of the query to make sure it's for this slave." the other where it does a "Read the MODBUS frame". The didn't put the code in to determine which of these it is coming from, one method is to go into the code an make a small change to the text where the error is coming from to determine which is causing it. The first indicates that it didn't get the slave address that is supposed to be associated with the data, or just didn't get anything (more likely). I have been having this problem with one of my projects, created a piece code to parse for that error and clear it, retrying the query a preset number of times before actually failing.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,335 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gak

Hi LV_pro,

Thank you for your reply. It was very silly mistake. The card was configured for protocol of "ADVANTECH" Smiley Sad.  I changed it to MODBUS then my program ran very nicely.

Thank you again. Smiley Happy

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,300 Views)

Dear Gaurav,

We are also using ADAM 4024 and trying to communicate it with MODBUS. But we have not yet achieved.

we are able to do it with Advantech protocol but not yet succeeded with MODBUS

Can you pl send the code for communicating the ADAM 4024 in MODBUS in LV 2009 Version.

Thanks

Ramchandra B Chavan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,567 Views)

This thread is four years old. I also notice that Gaurav hasn't logged onto this forum since January of this year, so it is unlikely that your request will be seen by him. Since he posted an image of a very simple vi that he was using, why don't you just build one yourself?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,561 Views)