LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measure risetime

I am using the Tektronix CSA 7404 Communication Signal Analyzer. I am able to measure ristime on the instrument by just clicking a button, but on the VI somehow I have trouble.
Please help.
LV 7.1,Windows XP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,112 Views)
What kind of trouble?
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,109 Views)
well I was tryin to be modest! I was looking for a direct way where the outcome of a subvi among the drivers would give the risetime. There's a  category called measurement and under that there are query functions and  configure functions for various parameters like maxmeanmin, std deviation,noise etc.  one of them was also get measurement value.vi
But I dont know how to implement it on my vi to get the risetime from the instrument and display it on the front panel of the vi.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,105 Views)
I can't verify it since I don't have that instrument here, but I would try using tktds7k Set Measurement Immed Source to set the channel you want to measure, then tktds7k Set Measurement Immed Type to specify the risetime measurement (value 24), then tktds7k Get Measurement Value to get the actual risetime. The output of this can be wired to a numeric indicator on the front panel.
Message 4 of 6
(3,094 Views)
The set measurement type does not change from 5 whatever I do. It does not give out any other type than 5 for some reason!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,064 Views)
---------------------------------
Dennis wrote: try using tktds7k Set Measurement Immed Source to set the channel you want to measure, then tktds7k Set Measurement Immed Type to specify the risetime measurement (value 24), then tktds7k Get Measurement Value to get the actual risetime.
---------------------------------

First of all very sorry for hi-jacking this thread. But with the hope that Sir Dennis will have a look at this thread and help me out, am posting here.

Am using Tektronix TDS 7404 oscilloscope with the tktds7k instrument drivers installed. I tried to measure the amplitude with the above steps, but the output is coming as a junk value(?). It is 99.00 e36. For all the values either frequency, rise time, fall time, duty cycle,..... the same value is coming. Please help me out in tracing the problem.

Also how to measure the high steady state, low steady state and high transition and low transition voltage values?

Thanks,
Mathan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,676 Views)