From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping labview variables to teststand sequence context variables

hi,

how can i map variables from a vi (which is loaded in a test sequence in teststand) to teststand sequence context variables ?

if my question is not clear enough then plz let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,824 Views)

Hi,

First of all, there's a testStand dedicated forum. You should post there to get more answers.

Second, I'm not sure what you are calling "sequence context variables". what are you trying to achieve?

regards,

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,816 Views)

so should i post it in teststand forum or can continue here ?

by "sequence context variables" i mean variables in teststand ( like Locals , RunState , etc...)

actually the thing is i have a vi to get input from user (which i've loaded in teststand as a step, call this sequence file as "S"), i need to store those inputs in teststand variables by accessing sequence context of S in labview (i've created corresponding variables in teststand).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,813 Views)

You can access TestStand variables from within LabVIEW using the sequence context but it needs some programming.

maybe, the best way to do what I think you're trying to do is pass the output of your LabVIEW VI directly to a TestStand Local variable (in the module adapter)

you may find this usefull: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/323435a.pdf   Sequence context p.34

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,811 Views)

thanks Roderic

I tried doing wt u said, it worked  but i wanted to know the programming method. Can u help ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,808 Views)

Sure I can help!

You can use either method:

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,790 Views)